The American Moderate Party Mission is to support the security, safety, education, promotion and economic growth of the American Middle Class People through offering a true third political party choice in the United States that supports all initiatives, petitions and legislation that positively impact or grow the middle class.
How Did We Get Here
The majority of the corporate takeover of our political system actually started in 1970 and was executed by Citizens United. In 1970 the people of the United States made a stand against the corporate destruction of the environment by having twenty million Americans show up to rallies for the first Earth Day. This movement directly or indirectly spawned reform and the creation of the following acts or legislation:
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Clean Water Act
- Toxic Substances Control Act
- Safe Drinking Water Act
- Wilderness Act
- Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act
- Endangered Species Act
- Marine Mammal Protection Act
- Resource Recovery Act
- The first fuel economy standards for motor vehicles
Citizens United was the corporate response to this movement. It took them years to come in the back door and get the right Supreme Court Judges appointed. In 2010, in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, the Supreme Court ruled that the American people are not permitted to determine how much control corporations and concentrated wealth may have over elections and lawmakers. In a 5-4 decision the court ruled that a federal election law designed to prevent corporations and unions from dominating elections and government violated the First Amendment free speech rights.
In 1983 Dr. James Waite, Political Science Professor at University of Central Missouri, told my class that he could make three political predictions that he was confident in making. They are as follows:
- The United States southern border will become an issue
- The United States and the Soviet Union (at the time) would become more and more alike.
- Finally, he said there would be another revolution in the United States.
When I asked him about what type of revolution he explained that at the present time that the Reagan Administration had promoted corporate farming as opposed to the traditional family farm. Dr. Waite went on to say that the farmers only represented 4% of the population and that they could have little effect on the political climate. He said that as you add different ethnic groups, women and the middle class the group grows large enough to start a revolution. Not necessarily a violent revolution, but most likely an economic revolution. Dr. Waite shared that in 1984 and people we are there in 2015.
Benefits of AMP: A Real Third Party:
- Transparency from day one.
- No one has or can purchase the party.
- AMP has no allegiance to an existing party, cronies or ties to lobbyists.
- Every political stance will be based on what is best for the middle class and those that strive to join the middle class in the United States.
- A third party offers the opportunity for actual reasoning, conflict resolution, problem solving and innovation without the existing corruption.